To Take Online Courses, You’ll Need Access to:
- Internet Connection
Broadband access recommended.
- E-mail Account
As a Sinclair student, you get one of these automatically.
- Basic Software Applications
Internet browser (IE 7, Firefox 3, or higher) and word processing software
Success in online courses is more likely for students who are:
- Comfortable Using Computers, including Internet and word processing;
- Enjoy Independent Learning, have a good ability to manage time;
- And, Have Time to Dedicate to their online classes.
Advanced Technical Requirements
Looking for more detail?
You might want to know if your computer is capable of doing all you’ll need it to do while you complete your degree online. Here are some of the advanced system requirements needed for some online courses:
- Hardware: Pentium II (or higher) or Macintosh equivalent, sound card, headphones and/or speakers
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Macintosh OS/X
- Minimum RAM: at or above operating system recommendations
- Available Disk Space: at least 120 MB
- Java Runtime Environment: 1.4 or higher
- Plugins: Flash, Shockwave, QuickTime, and/or Windows Media Player
- Supported Browsers click here