We help individuals turn dreams into achievable goals through accessible, high quality, affordable learning opportunities.
Our mission is guided by our commitment to:
- Offer transfer and technical associate degree programs, certificate programs, and continuing education opportunities through a system of diverse resources and delivery alternatives accessible to the citizens of Montgomery County and the larger learning community.
- Provide quality instruction, educational activities, counseling, support services, and assessment tools to facilitate the growth and development of lifelong learners and to assist individuals to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Prepare today's workforce to meet the needs of a rapidly changing, technologically advanced, global economy through traditional and nontraditional alternatives.
- Challenge individuals to broaden their concepts of self, expand their views of the world, and recognize their roles in a global society by fostering values that respect and celebrate diversity while promoting social responsibility, critical thinking, communication, and innovation.
- Promote the development and implementation of new ideas, provide leadership for collaborative activities, and serve as a resource center for community-based and regional partnerships.
- Manage our human physical and financial resources in a caring, ethical, and prudent way that facilitates a working and learning environment focused on continuous improvement.
Before us lie uncharted worlds of opportunity. Sinclair will be the bridge into that future, giving open access to opportunity, intellectual challenge and self-discovery for students with diverse needs.
- With Sinclair, people will pursue their quests for lifelong learning through affordable, high quality education.
- At Sinclair, people will benefit from a caring approach to teaching and learning that provides personal attention and encourages individual growth.
- Through Sinclair, people will be empowered with knowledge and skills for their journeys.
- Our success shall hinge on turning these values into action: dedication to quality and excellence; reliance on anticipation, imagination and innovation; commitment to responsible citizenship within our community; adherence to the Sinclair credo - "find the need and endeavor to meet it"; confidence in the courage, determination and diversity of our students, employees, and supporters; and belief in unlimited human potential.
-- Adopted 1994