The College Board's Advanced Placement (AP) Program offers high school students the opportunity to earn college course credit by providing examinations in 34 introductory courses in 20 fields (http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/program/index.html). Sinclair faculty have reviewed the AP exams and determined which Sinclair courses will be awarded for academic credit. When you take an AP exam, request your scores be sent to Sinclair Community College (code 1720). If you have already taken an AP exam, you need to contact the College Board at 888-225-5427 or http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/exgrd_rep.html.
The State of Ohio, working through the University System of Ohio, has initiated policies to facilitate the ease of transition from high school to college as well as between and among Ohio’s Public colleges and universities.
1. Students obtaining an Advanced Placement (AP) exam score of 3 or above will be awarded the aligned course(s) and credits for the AP exam area(s) successfully completed.
2. General Education courses and credits received will be applied towards graduation and will satisfy a general education requirement if the course(s) to which the AP area is equivalent fulfill a requirement.
3. If an equivalent course is not available for the AP exam area completed, elective or area credit will be awarded in the appropriate academic discipline and will be applied towards graduation where such elective credit options exist within the academic major.
4. Additional courses or credits may be available when a score of 4 or 5 is obtained. Award of credit for higher score values varies depending on the institution and academic discipline.
5. In academic disciplines containing highly dependent sequences (Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics –STEM) students are strongly advised to confer with the college/university advising staff to ensure they have the appropriate foundation to be successful in advanced course work within the sequence.
For a complete list of the approved Advanced Placement courses for Sinclair Community College visit the following website http://ohiohighered.org/transfer/reportingsystem
1. A student must have made application to Sinclair Community College.
2. Credits earned via AP credit do not apply toward the college residency requirements.