The Student & Academic Support Services (SASS) Group is responsible for providing student services and building partnerships and collaborations with students, faculty, and staff to develop and implement systems and processes to enhance student success. This Group is in direct support of the academic mission and the faculty.
The SASS group consists of eight departments: Student Success Planning Services, Disability Services, Career Services, Counseling Services, Student Support Services, Tutorial Services, Student Leadership and Development, and the Ombudsman.
- Student Success Planning Services – provides and manages services under the Individualized Learning Plan program for specified at-risk students.
- Disability Services – provides services for students with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Career Services – provides quality, customer-oriented career services to all students and community members regardless of Sinclair affiliation.
- Counseling Services – provides services to solve personal problems and enhance skills of students with regard to their academic skills and suggests community services where applicable.
- Student Support Services – a grant funded TRIO program for at-risk students specified by economic need and first generation college student status.
- Tutorial Services – provides college-wide student peer tutoring services for first year classes.
- Student Leadership and Development – provides services across a wide range of student social and leadership enhancing activities.
- The Ombudsman – assists students to solve problems and understand their options related to Sinclair Community College policies and procedures.