2014 Deadline Date for Submission:
Friday, February 21, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
to Amanda M. Romero (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This is our 25th Year with the League!
As a board member college of the League for Innovation, Sinclair Community College has participated in the League’s Innovation of the Year Award since 1989! We should all be very proud of the outstanding innovations the College has recognized. More information about the League for Innovation, click here.
An Innovation of the Year project or program reflect capstone achievements and the continuing renewal of the spirit of innovation and experimentation upon which the League was founded. It is one that fits with the culture of the college while aligning with at least one of Sinclair’s Core Strategies (attached). This opportunity is open to all Sinclair employees, faculty, administrators, professionals and support staff (full-time and part-time). Please consider nominating yourself or others by completing the attached application.
The recipient(s) of the Innovation of the Year will be recognized at a reception held by their division, and a plaque and written commendation will be sent to the recipient(s) by the League for Innovation. Additionally, the recipient(s) of the Innovation of the Year award will have the opportunity to present their project at the STEMTech Conference (held in October or November) or the Innovations Conference (held in March). These conferences are premier events for professionals dedicated to improving teaching and learning and discovering new approaches for enhancing the community college experience.
Innovation of the Year Award Criteria
An Innovation of the Year project should:
• Be original and creative
• Be repeatable at Sinclair or other colleges
• Be aligned with at least one of Sinclair’s core strategies
• Be operational no more than five years
• Not be submitted more than twice within a five year period
The Committee reviews the following criteria: (1) timeliness (must be more than two years old, but not more than five years old); (2) creativity; (3) quality; (4) efficiency/ effectiveness; (5) replication.
The innovation type can include:
- Student services and activities
- Workforce preparation and development
- Resource development
- Leadership and organization
- Research assessment and accountability
- Learning and teaching
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
Innovation of the Year Award Application
Application can be found at http://our.sinclair.edu/forms.cfm > Forms Central > Miscellaneous.
- Amanda M. Romero, Chair of the Innovation of the Year Committee, 512-2366
- Hope Arthur, Director, Workforce Development & Corporate Services, 512-3891
- Delena Aungst, Associate Professor, Business Information Systems, 512-4210
- Robert Chaney, Professor, Mathematics, 512-2367
- Kathy Kaiser, Web Apps Administration, 512-3266
- Claudia Potts, Assistant Professor, Health Information Management, 512-3950
- Tim Waggoner, Professor, English, 512-2587