Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a dream that all people, regardless of race, religion or color, would walk hand-in-hand together. We have come a long way since Dr. King’s untimely death on April 4, 1968, yet there is still a great deal of work to be done to realize his magnificent dream of justice and equality.
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. March and Rally is one way for people, throughout the Greater Dayton Area, to come together and further his dream. This dream is for all Americans not just for African Americans. Dr. King's belief that everyone needed to be involved in the fight for justice and equality continues to unite people from all walks of life.
It is in the spirit of unity that we come together on Monday, January 21, to further Dr. King’s dream and vision. Citizens will march to the heart of downtown Dayton to celebrate harmony, nonviolence, justice and equality.
Please join hundreds of your Sinclair colleagues, students, alumni, and their families, for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Breakfast and Walk. The TENTATIVE schedule is available below .
- 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. - Breakfast
- 9:00 - 9:15 a.m. - Program - Keynote by Ms. Mary Tyler, Ex. Director of NCCJ
- 9:15 - 9:30 a.m. - Join marchers at the Peace Bridge (West 3rd Street at the river)
- 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. - March to Dayton Convention Center
- 10:30 -11:45 a.m. - Rally/speeches at the Dayton Convention Center
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. - Viewing of the Presidential Inauguration
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Various Workshops
For additional information visit http://mlkdayton.org/.