When are classes offered?
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course is offered every semester. The Paramedic program starts twice a year, Fall and Spring. These are the only entry points for the program. For specifics on days and times of classes, please see the Sinclair website.

Is there a waiting list for EMS courses?
Currently, we do not have a waiting list. Our facility accommodates up to 120 Emergency Medical Technician students each quarter and approx. 100 Paramedic students per entry point.

What skills will I be able to do when I finish the program?
Please visit the Ohio Department of Public Safety's website for a complete list of the scope of practice for each level of licensure.

What jobs can I get when I finish the program?
Most Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) students will be looking for jobs in the private ambulance field. If they have successfully completed a level 1 Firefighter course as well, they would qualify for some part-time fire department jobs. Please visit the National Registry of EMTs website for job postings.

Do I need to take a Firefighter course?
Depending on your long-term goals, you may need to take a Firefighter course. In the Dayton area; fire department jobs are almost exclusively held by people who are cross-trained in both firefighting and EMS. FST 1102, the Level I Firefighter course is offered at Sinclair.

I want to be a Paramedic, do I really need to take the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course?
Yes. The Ohio Department of Public Safety requires a person to be licensed by the state PRIOR to entering into a Paramedic training program. There is no exception to this rule.

I need to take DEV 0030 and 0012. May I take them in conjunction with my Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course?
No. DEV 0030 and DEV 0012 are pre-requisites for the Emergency Medical Technician course. You must have successfully completed these courses prior to registering for the EMT course. For the Paramedic courses, the same applies to DEV 0030, 0012 and 0022.

I have a fire department (or other business) sponsoring my tuition. How do I go about registering?
Registration is completed the same as any other student, however; when you receive your fee bill you need to submit it with a letter (documenting the sponsored billing) to the Bursar's office. A sample of this letter can be found in the forms section of this website.