| 1. APPLICATION PROCESS: The required documentation for ECE 129 (including application, references, medical, fingerprinting, copy of high school diploma) needs to be completed prior to the start of the quarter. All materials must be returned to the CFE Office (9222) by the due date on the ECE 129 application.
2. ORIENTATION: An ECE 129 orientation session will be held prior to the first class meeting of the quarter. Students will be notified of the date and time of this orientation. All ECE 129 students are expected to attend orientation in order to familiarize themselves with the learning environment before the first day of class.
3. LAB HOURS IN THE CENTER: ECE 129 meets for five hours each week in one of the Early Childhood Education Centers. Some sections of ECE 129 meet two and a half hours twice a week. Other ECE 129 sections meet one hour and fifteen minutes four times a week.
4. SEMINAR: A weekly seminar is scheduled for one hour and forty minutes. ECE 129 students are expected to complete all the reading and writing assignments and be prepared to participate in the seminar discussions with their peers.
5. TOTAL HOURS: ECE 129 hours in the center count towards the supervised clock hours required to apply for Pre-Kindergarten teacher certification from the Ohio Department of Education. ECE 129 students must complete 55 supervised clock hours in the center. When ECE 129 students are absent from the center, they must schedule and make up the time missed.
6. PREPARING TO BE IN THE CENTER: ECE 129 students must be prepared to begin their lab hours in the center at the scheduled time. Students are to arrive at the center in time to put away their belongings, wash their hands, get their name tags, etc. Generally this means you should arrive at least 10 minutes before class begins.
7. DRESS CODE: ECE 129 students are expected to dress according to a professional dress code.
8. VIDEOTAPING: ECE 129 students are videotaped during the quarter. Videotapes must be viewed in the CFE Lab (9108) in preparation for writing video critiques. Personal time must be allowed to fulfill this requirement. Videotapes cannot be removed from the CFE lab.