1. Each student must complete nine (9) hours per week in the assigned classroom during their scheduled times and days through the 15th week of the semester. The student must complete a minimum of 126 clock hours in the center by the end of the semester. He or she cannot pass the course without the required 126 hours. If at the end of the quarter, the student has a passing grade on all assignments and has less than 126 hours in the center, the student may request an incomplete with documented evidence for missing center time. Students are allowed 2 absences. Additional absent hours must be made up. Adjustments for holiday hours will be given. All make-up hours must be completed by the 14th week of the semester. Week 16 is scheduled for final evaluations and conferences.
2. The starting time of 8:00 (or 2:30) for ECE 2202 is the time student teacher is expected to be in the classroom with the children. You should arrive in time to take care of personal needs so that you will be ready to enter the classroom @ 8:00. The student must stay the entire time or make up time missed due to late arrivals or early departures. The make up hours are to be arranged with the center teacher and the ECE 2202 supervisor. Make-up time must be completed in increments of a minimum of 30 minutes. Make-up time must be scheduled upon returning from the absence/late/early departure. Absences, late arrivals and early departures are noted as a deduction in demonstrated practice points.
3. If the student is unable to attend he/she must:
A. Notify the ECE Centers (937-512-2234) AND
B. Notify the ECE 2202 instructor (937-512-2520) or through my.sinclair, before the starting time each day of absence or late arrival.
4. If a student is absent, he/she is responsible for finding out what he/she missed and making up the missed work. Students are encouraged to develop a “buddy system” with a classmate to share notes if they are absent.
5. The student will sign the attendance sheet each day, and enter the scheduled time of class arrival and departure time in the appropriate space (unless the student arrives late or leaves early).
6. The student is required to attend all seminars. The student is expected to be on time and stay the entire seminar meeting time.
7. The student is required to attend scheduled conferences with the ECE 2202 instructor.
8. The student is required to complete all reading and written assignments as stated in the course syllabus. All assignments are to be completed prior to seminar on the day they are due unless otherwise stated. (i.e. first reflection, assignment activity plan etc.)
9. The student is expected to follow the dispositions of an Early Childhood Professional SEE ECE Program Student HANDBOOK.