The mission of the Sinclair music department is threefold:
1. To create an environment that fosters an appreciation of the musical heritage of mankind.
2. To provide leadership for cultural development of students and community members.
3. To initiate musical programs and activities involving student and faculty artistry for the benefit of the greater community.
We carry out this mission by serving five constituencies:
• Music majors who enroll in the Associate of Arts degree program with a goal of transferring to another institution where they complete a Bachelor of Music degree.
• Students in degree programs other than music who are looking for elective courses with which to fulfill their Arts and Humanities electives requirements.
• Community members and senior citizens who want to broaden their musical experience and expertise, either by taking for-credit applied (private) music lessons or other music courses of interest to them.
• Community members who desire to participate in select community music ensembles.
• The general public who attend music department concerts.