The mission of Sinclair Community College’s Theatre & Dance Department is to provide academic training and practical experience in a demanding, yet supportive environment.
The Department is committed to a diverse and challenging production season to provide students with exceptional preparation to transfer to a four-year institution or to pursue careers in theatre.
Further, it is the mission of the department to broaden the liberal arts education for all students and community members who take part in theatre and dance at Sinclair.
The department carries out its mission by serving its stakeholders:
- Theatre Performance and Technology majors who enroll in the Associate of Arts degree program with a goal of transferring to another institution to complete a Bachelor’s degree.
- Theatre Performance and Technology majors who enroll in the Associate of Arts degree program with a goal furthering their theatre skills and pursuing a career in theatre.
- Non-majors who are looking for elective courses with which to fulfill their Arts and Humanities requirements.
- Non-majors and community members who wish to broaden their theatre and dance experiences and expertise by taking courses within the department.
- Non-majors and community members who desire to participate in theatre and dance productions by auditioning to perform or taking a theatre practicum course to work in the technology area.
- The general public who attend Theatre and Dance Department events.