The 2014/15 EFDA program is closed.
Please call 937 512-2779 if you would like to be put on a mailing list to receive a packet and application for the 2015/16 EFDA course to be sent at the end of February, 2015.
Information about the EFDA Program
Courses: EFD 1202/1203, 1302/1303
LAB KITS: This is an approximate estimate
- $1,500 TOTAL LAB KIT COST FOR ENTIRE COURSE...payable through the SCC Bookstore and is due the beginning of fall & spring semesters. No exceptions.
Ohio Dental Association Scholarship Information
Sinclair Community College
Dental Health Sciences, Building 4, 3rd Floor
444 W. Third Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402
READ CLOSELY: TO BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS COURSE YOU MUST HAVE:
- Two years of full-time CHAIRSIDE dental assisting within the last five years
- Current employment in a dental office
- CDA certification or RDH licensure upon application to program. Radiologic licensure. Proof (copy) must be submitted with application.
- Copy of Hepatitis immunization or proof of immunity
- Copy of current CPR certification
- Applications will be mailed in late February. Returned application deadline is April 1.
Class size is limited to 40 participants for the evening program AND 20 participants for the Wednesday daytime program on a first-come basis of applications received.
PREREQUISITE to EFDA:
DENTAL ANATOMY FOR DENTAL AUXILIARIES, EFD 1102, to be offered summer term.
SINCLAIR WILL NOT ACCEPT THE OSU 4 HOUR CE COURSE AS A REPLACEMENT FOR ENTRY INTO THE PROGRAM.
The EFDA course is a consecutive 2-part series (EFD 1202/1203, 1302/1303) totaling 12 college semester credit hours (180 contact hours) of intensive training in placing of amalgam and tooth colored restorations. Completion of this 2-part series entitles the Registered Dental Hygienist or Certified Dental Assistant to take the Commission on Dental Testing in Ohio designated examination for the Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary. Successful completion of this examination awards the certificate "Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary" (EFDA).