at 937-512-4606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer F-1 Students (Applying from the USA)
For those transferring to Sinclair as a full-time international student
The following information is for F-1 students who currently attend school in the USA and plan to transfer to Sinclair Community College and enroll full time. When transferring from one school to another school within the USA, you must carefully follow the procedures to maintain legal F-1 status. Please follow these steps to complete the transfer process.
Step 1: Application for Admission
Download the International Student (F-1) Application Packet and fill it out completely.
Step 2: Official Transcripts
Successful completion of a secondary high school program is required for admission. Please send an original transcript (record of subjects/courses and grades) and verification of graduation. If you have completed a degree program at a university or college in the USA, a copy of your college transcript will be acceptable.
Step 3: English Proficiency
- If you completed one full year of college-level English at a university or college in the USA with a grade of C or higher, you may submit an official transcript in place of the TOEFL or IELTS.
Otherwise please submit your score from one of the following examinations:
TOFEL: A minimum of IBT-61, CBT-173, or PBT-500 (Sinclair's school code is 1720)
IELTS: A minimum of 5.0
- Write a brief personal statement of your educational background and your academic goals in the United States. This statement may be typed or neatly handwritten.
Step 4: Financial Resources
Applicant and the sponsor must complete the Declaration and Certification of Finances form. You are required to submit financial documentation that equals or exceeds one full year of expenses, a minimum of $15,000, for the program of study you are interested in pursuing. A Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) will not be issued until financial information is provided.
NOTE: When registering for classes, all first-time registrants incur a one-time, non-refundable registration, records and ID fee of $20.
Step 5: Submit Documents
Submit copies of the following documents: Passport signature page, F-1 visa page, I-94, current I-20 form.
Step 6: Mail Your Application Documents
Please mail all application documents to:
International Education Coordinator
Building 10, Room 10231
Sinclair Community College
444 West Third Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402-1460
Step 7: Transfer of your SEVIS Record
Once we receive all your application documents, we will send you the acceptance letter. You need to:
- Fill out Section A of the Transfer-In Form.
- Notify your current international student advisor that you are requesting to transfer to Sinclair. Your advisor will need to complete Section B of the Transfer-In Form, return the form to Sinclair via mail or fax and release your SEVIS record to Sinclair.
It is important to have your current international student advisor fill out the Transfer-In Form and submit it. We won't be able to prepare your I-20 until we receive the Transfer-In form that indicates your transfer release date.
- Report to International Education Department immediately upon your arrival at Sinclair. You will receive your Sinclair I-20 shortly. If you are traveling outside the U.S. before starting at Sinclair, you can request the I-20 be issued to you earlier for travel purposes.