61.0-62.0 Credit Hours
The Associate of Arts is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue baccalaureate degree programs such as education, English, geography, history, modern languages, philosophy, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, etc. The student taking the Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences with the English emphasis would plan to transfer to a four year program in English, or related field for which English is a solid base. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.
- Identify and discuss major authors and works in American and British literature
- Analyze literary works of American, British and world cultures in terms of major literary themes and devices.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.