Clinical Phlebotomy (CPST.S.STC)
4.0 Credit Hours
This certificate is intended to provide entry-level competency to students seeking employment in the area of phlebotomy in health care settings. This certificate is also intended to provide expanded competencies and proficiences to practicing health care professionals and students enrolled in health science programs. The students will be required to complete 105 hours of unpaid clinicals during ALH 1114 Clinical Phlebotomy Practice. Students who complete this course will receive a certificate of completion.
- Perform microcollection techniques on patients in a clinical setting with consistency, successfully.
- Perform venipunctures on patients in a clinical setting with consistency, successfully.
- Demonstrate an awareness of clinical complications and symptoms that may be exhibited by patients during the venipuncture and microcollection process.
- Identify the instruments, equipment and supplies used in the collection, identification and processing of blood specimens.
- Identify the basic components of the circulatory system, including blood cells and precursors.
|ALH 1113: Clinical Phlebotomy||2 credit hours|
|ALH 1114: Clinical Phlebotomy Practice||2 credit hours|
|- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule|