Homeland Security (CJHS.S.STC)
29.0 Credit Hours
This Short-Term Certificate will provide students with an overview of homeland security practices, policies and programs in homeland security.
- Demonstrates a sense of values, citizenship and community toward oneself and others, and works effectively independently and collaboratively with diverse populations in adverse conditions.
- Exemplify high standards of Criminal Justice Science professionalism, leadership, citizenship, ethical responsibility, employment qualifications, fitness standards, stewardship of resources and time management.
- Demonstrates a proficient use of technology and information literacy fundamentals, and applies comprehensive knowledge specific to the Criminal Justice profession and the processes involved in responding appropriately to assorted scenarios, writings, projects and assessments.
- Utilizes creative and critical thinking skills by addressing Criminal Justice Science issues/problems by using acceptable problem-solving strategies and techniques, research, analyzing, synthesizing, evaluation/assessment and adaptation.
- Demonstrates the ability to transfer pedagogical classroom experiences into the world of work, and the continuance of life-long learning practices.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills; communicates effectively with all constituents of the Criminal Justice system who are involved in the criminal justice process, and incorporates the standard communications models (sending, receiving, analyzing and responding)