Early Childhood Education (ECE.S.AAS)
70.0-71.0 Credit Hours
This program provides the knowledge, skills and competencies important to an entry-level teacher working with, or planning to work with, young children. The program includes the academic preparation required by the Ohio Department of Education to meet PreKindergarten Associate Teacher Licensure standards. Students interested in completing this degree program must have a full criminal background investigation completed before enrolling in the final practicum course. A grade of "C" or better is required in all ECE and EDU courses.
- Utilize developmentally effective approaches to connect with children and families.
- Use content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum.
- Identify resources and apply techniques for building diverse family and community relationships.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to promote child development and learning.
- Observe, document and assess to support young children and families.
- Demonstrate responsibility for professional behavior, professional growth and professional involvement.