Automotive Technology (Honda PACT) (AUTHA.S.AAS)
68.0 Credit Hours
The Honda Professional Automotive Career Training program (PACT) is fully accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation. This Associate of Applied Science program provides training for students aspiring to become Honda/Acura dealership technicians. Students receive specific Honda technical training resulting in training, credits/certifications from the corporation. These credits/certifications help a student secure employment with a Honda/Acura dealership.
This degree program contains one or more embedded certificates which will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the embedded certificate(s), please notify Registration and Student Records at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diagnose and repair Honda automatic transmission/transaxles, torque converters and 4-wheel-drive/all-wheel-drive systems.
- Diagnose/repair Honda manual transmissions, drivelines and differentials.
- Diagnose/repair Honda heating and air-conditioning systems, including automatic/manual climate control. systems.
- Diagnose Honda fuel injection, delivery and emission-control system problems. Utilize scan tools, scopes, DVOM meters and other test equipment in troubleshooting engine and drivability problems.
- Perform entry-level Honda engine overhaul, precision measurements; perform machining and engine mechanical service.
- Apply effective customer communication skills in an automotive service environment. Utilize quality- Demonstrate/apply analytical and logical processes in diagnosing mechanical and practical problems.
- Perform proper safe/environmental practices in operating within an automotive service environment
- Diagnose Honda electrical and accessory system problems. Utilize DVOM meters, scopes and other electrical testing equipment to troubleshoot battery, charging and hybrid propulsion systems.
- Apply effective customer communication skills in an automotive service environment. Utilize quality- management practices in operating an automotive service business. Develop and analyze an automotive business facility layout. Demonstrate business computer skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of social and human skill sets in supporting community, work and/or the college experience.
- Diagnose/repair Honda brake, antilock and power booster systems. Diagnose/repair Honda suspension and steering components. Perform vehicle alignments.