MAT 2280 Calculus & Analytic Geometry II
Applications of the definite integral, techniques of integration, indeterminate form, L'Hopital's Rule, improper integrals, conic sections, infinite sequences and series, Taylor series, parametric equations, polar coordinates, solid analytic geometry, vectors in the plane and space, dot and cross product of two vectors.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MAT 2270
- Demonstrate the ability to perform operations involving vectors in the plane and in space.
- Demonstrate the ability to determine whether a sequence or series converges or diverges.
- Demonstrate the ability to graph conic sections in translated and rotated coordinate systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate definite integrals.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve applications problems involving area and volumes of solids of revolution.
Credit Hours: 5
Classroom Hours: 5