MHT 1257 Administration of Activity Programming III
This course will provide the activity professional with the basic foundation for managing an activity department. The five functions of management will be explored and how to manage a departmental budget. In addition, managerial communication will be practiced with a focus on coaching and motivating staff for better retention and employee satisfaction. Three classroom, three clinical hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Mental Health and Addiction Services
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Identify the nature of leadership and successfully assess leadership styles.
- Demonstrate skills for guiding employees during periods of organizational change.
- Conduct an assessment of the organizational culture and develop advocacy anchors with the organization.
- Describe and apply controls for departmental use that agree with organizational guidelines.
- Interpret the five functions of management for the activity department, and how the functions of planning, leading, staffing, and controlling lead to better staffing and retention.
- Compare coaching and motivational methods to use during development and training and performance improvement.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 3
Clinical Hours: 3