RAT 2644 Applications of Sectional Imaging
Sectional imaging applications including patient preparation, positioning, imaging protocol, instrumentation and archiving.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Radiologic Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: RAT 2641 OR RAT 2643
- Identify various diseases on computed tomography and magnetic resonance images.
- Identify and describe patient care considerations to include patient history and preparation, infection control, patient assessment and emergency care.
- Describe related contrast media used in CT, MRI and MRA studies.
- Describe the principles of safe practice when using CT and MRI equipment.
- Describe CT and MRI instrumentation to include console manipulation, image production and protocol, archiving, troubleshooting artifacts, and maintenance.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 2