Overeating is a major contributor to weight gain. Do you know how much you should eat?
Check out the proper portion sizes below and see how your meals stack up.
- A serving of lunch meat is 1 ounce, about the size of a compact disc.
- A serving of peanut butter is 2 tablespoons, the size of a golf ball.
- A serving of chicken is 3 ounces, the size of a deck of cards
(it’s also about the same size as the palm of your hand.)
- A serving of baby carrots is about 12 carrots.
- A 1 cup serving of corn flakes is the same size as a baseball.
- A serving of salad dressing is 1 tablespoon, the same size as a poker chip.