Searchable Newspaper Databases
Excellent resources for research papers. Search for topics, people, and places. Good for first person, eye-witness reports, opinion and editorials, and factual news reporting.
LexisNexis Academic - provides access to top news, general news topics, news transcripts, wire services, foreign language news sources, company, industry, and market news, and legal news from nearly 5,000 sources. News information is updated daily and wire services several times daily.
Local Newspaper websites
Excellent resource for today's news. Local newspaper web sites are good sources for current news and photos. Some may have older articles available in archives while others will be limited to current information.
- Dayton Daily News (greater Dayton area)
- Greene County Dailies
- Includes: Beavercreek News-Current, Fairborn Daily Herald, Gazette News-Current
- Pulse Journal (Mason, OH)
- Register-Herald (Eaton, Preble County)
- Times Community Newspapers
- Includes: Centerville-Bellbrook Times, Englewood Independent, Enon Messenger, Kettering-Oakwood Times, New Carlisle Sun, Springboro Sun, Tipp City Herald, Vandalia Drummer News, West Milton News.
- Western Star (Lebanon, OH)
- Wright Patterson Air Force Base Skywriter
Other Databases that include Newspapers
- SIRS Researcher
- Provides reprinted full-text articles from magazines, journals, newspapers and government documents. (more ...)
- Newspaper Source
- Full text for regional U.S. newspapers, international newspapers, newswires, and newspaper columns. Includes or has links to full text. (more…)
Off-campus access: You must have your Tartan Card number (all 9 digits) for authentication. Click the words "off campus" next to the name of the database.
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers
- This Library of Congress site allows you to search and view newspaper pages from 1880-1922 and find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present.