DAYTON, OHIO (07/25/2011) – Seven Sinclair Community College faculty members have been honored as being amongst the best in their field. The National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) emphasizes the importance of teaching and leadership excellence in institutions of higher education. The award was given to these faculty members at a NISOD conference in Austin, Texas earlier this month.
"We are proud to have such outstanding and accomplished faculty," said Dr. Steve Johnson, President of Sinclair. "The success of our faculty is part of what makes Sinclair such a great college."
Sinclair’s honored award winners are from numerous departments.
· Connie Beal is a nursing professor from Dayton, Ohio.
· Jennifer (Risner) Day is an associate professor of business information system from Fairborn, Ohio.
· Mary Dudash-White is a professor of health information management from Centerville, Ohio.
· Eric Dunn is an associate professor of civil architectural technology from Fairborn, Ohio.
· Laurel Mayer is coordinator and professor of political science, humanities, government and modern language from Fairborn, Ohio.
· David Meyer is a professor of manufacturing engineering technology from Dayton, Ohio.
· R.A. Morales is an assistant professor of communications from Clayton, Ohio.
NISOD National Teaching Excellence Award winners are recognized by carrying out the NISOD mission of serving, engaging, and inspiring higher education faculty, staff, and administrators.
For more information, please contact Adam Murka at 937/512-2947 or firstname.lastname@example.org