Physical Education and Exercise Science Major's Club
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Fall Fest Week:
· Our club will have a table set up on Thursday, October 5, 2006 from 10:00am – 2:00pm in the hallway of building 8. Our main goal is to let people know who we are and invite our new majors into the club.
· If you are interested in volunteering to help out at the table, please let Adrienne know what shift you would be available for.
~October 8, 2006
· Our club will be volunteering at a water station for the half marathon. We will be handing out cups of water and Gatorade to the runners as they go by.
· Please meet at Welcome stadium no later than 7:30am. From there, we will all leave together to go to the water station site.
· Please bring your motivation and enthusiasm!
· If you are interested in volunteering at this event, please contact Adrienne, Linda, or Kathleen.
Wayne Westcott will be on campus:
· Wayne Westcott will be hosting a round table discussion from 2:30-3:30.
· He is an outstanding professional in our field and I highly encourage you to attend if at all possible to gain more knowledge in the field of exercise science and physical education.
~October 21, 2006
Make A Difference Day – Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
· Our club will be participating in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. This will take place on a Saturday and everyone in our group needs to be there between 9:00am and 9:30am.
· We are colleting donations from club members, big and small. If you are interested in making a donation to the Breast Cancer Fund, please see Adrienne, Linda, or Kathleen.
~October 26, 2006
Tom Templin Speech:
· Tom Templin is the president of NASPE, a professional organization in our field. He will be speaking at Mariam Hall located in the
· The time for this speech is 7:30pm – 9:00pm
**Please remember to stay involved with the club as much as you can. Last year was a great success and this year can be too if we have enough participation through our members! Stay posted with new meeting notes and upcoming events.