Benefits of participation:
- Support, advice, and resources from a full-time faculty and staff member.
- Connections to all offices at Sinclair.
- Recommendations and references for future jobs and college admission.
- Resume builder.
- Network with educators, professionals, and other students within the Dayton region.
- Opportunities to engage in extra-curricular activities and events.
- Support and encouragement to complete your educational goals.
What is mentoring?Mentoring is a personal and professional relationship with a faculty and staff member that provides guidance and encouragement to help you achieve your academic and professional goals.
What does a mentor do?A mentor serves as a go-to person for personal and professional guidance. You will be assigned a mentor team (a faculty and staff member) who will set meetings and other activities throughout the year. Your mentors serve as resources to help you navigate Sinclair with ease and comfort.
What is a mentee?A mentee is a student who volunteers to participate in the mentor program. As a mentee you are responsible for meeting with your mentor team and attending program activities. Participation is the key to a successful mentoring relationship.
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the mentor program you must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and have completed a minimum of 15 credits.
Please complete the application and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or return application to 12-331.
Ms. Dona Fletcher (937) 512-5149
Mr. Mortenous A. Johnson (937) 512-5181
Dr. Linda Pastore (937) 512-2347