Airport Rescue Firefighter ARFF.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 14 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Fire Science Technology
Effective as of Fall 2016
What is "Airport Rescue Firefighter "?
This program provides the education and training necessary to meet the requirements for the National Fire Protection Association 1003: standard for Airport Firefighter Professional. Upon successful completion of the course the student will receive certification by ProBoard for airport firefighter.
- Demonstrate knowledge of tactical operations, hazardous materials, incident command, airfield communications, extinguishing agents, ARFF tools and equipment, and airport emergency plans.
- Demonstrate knowledge of airport certification, civilian and military aircraft and airport familiarization, ARFF safety, ARFF apparatus, PPE, rescue and firefighting procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of FAA rules and regulations governing airport firefighting operations and airport certification.
ProBoard accreditation is accepted in 34 states and the United Kingdom
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Must have a valid drivers license
Student must be able to pass federal law enforcement background check and must have a valid drivers license.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog