Airport Rescue Firefighter ARFF.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 14 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Fire Science Technology
What is "Airport Rescue Firefighter "?
This program provides the education and training necessary to meet the requirements for the National Fire Protection Association 1003: standard for Airport Firefighter Professional. Upon successful completion of the course the student will receive certification by ProBoard for airport firefighter.
- Demonstrate knowledge of tactical operations, hazardous materials, incident command, airfield communications, extinguishing agents, ARFF tools and equipment, and airport emergency plans.
- Demonstrate knowledge of airport certification, civilian and military aircraft and airport familiarization, ARFF safety, ARFF apparatus, PPE, rescue and firefighting procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of FAA rules and regulations governing airport firefighting operations and airport certification.
ProBoard accreditation is accepted in 34 states and the United Kingdom
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Must have a valid drivers license
Student must be able to pass federal law enforcement background check and must have a valid drivers license.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule