Digital Systems DS.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 13 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Electronics Engineering Technology
Effective as of Fall 2012
What is "Digital Systems"?
This short-term certificate offers knowledge and basic skills to work in the electronics industry as an entry-level support technician for digital systems. Courses provide knowledge about basic electrical measurement techniques, prototype assembly of electrical circuits, digital logic, Boolean algebra and basic digital systems. Theoretical aspects are supported and supplemented by hands-on lab work to gain in-depth knowledge and lab skills. The courses in this certificate lead into an associate degree in Electronics Engineering Technology at Sinclair.
- Use basic logic gates and other digital ICs for assembly, testing and design of basic combinational and sequential digital circuits.
- Measure, voltage, and current. Breadboard basic electronic circuits. Use an oscilloscope for measurement of voltage and frequency.
- Apply programming techniques to perform requested output.
- Design, test and simulate digital circuits using simulation software.
Provides opportunity to work as a support technician in the digital electronic field.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog