Short-term Technical Certificate - 3 Credit Hours
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Allied Health
What is "Electrocardiography"?
This program is intended to provide expanded skills among health care professionals as well as current Life & Health Sciences students to increase marketability for employment. The students will be required to complete 25 hours of unpaid clinical during ALH 1110 Principles of Electrocardiography. Students who complete this program will receive a Short-Term Technical Certificate in Electrocardiography.
- Perform 12-lead electrocardiography under the supervision of an ECG tech in a medical facility.
- Describe the structure and general functions of the cardiovascular system.
- Perform a 12-lead ECG tracing on patients.
- Correlate the events in a cardiac cycle to the physiological findings in the ECG tracing.
- Interpret basic rate and rhythm disturbances of an ECG tracing.
- Identify the major components and their functions of single and multiple lead ECG equipment.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule