Associate of Arts - 61 Credit Hours
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Effective as of Fall 2012
What is the program about?
An Associate of Arts in History introduces students to broad periods of the human experience. History, though, is more than just the study of the past. Students will also develop cultural literacy, critical thinking, and other skills that inform global citizenry. These skills can prepare students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue a baccalaureate degree in history or a related field, providing a foundation for careers in teaching, journalism, archival work, government, politics, and law. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Describe major historical themes and events in diverse times and places.
- Use historical evidence (primary and secondary sources) to construct arguments explaining historical events and trends.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.
Completion of this program guarantees completion of the Ohio Transfer Module (OTM). OTM courses are guaranteed to transfer to any public institution in Ohio on a course-by-course basis or in total.Formal articulation agreements with other colleges and universities indicate how Sinclair programs and courses will transfer to other institutions.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog