Health Sciences HS.S.AAS
Associate of Applied Science - 64 - 68 Credit Hours
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Allied Health
Effective as of Fall 2016
What is the program about?
The associate of applied science degree in Health Sciences provides students with a general degree in the health science field. Students with technical certificates or college credits in allied health courses can apply their credits toward the AAS. Graduates will be able to enter a health-related field, or continue their education toward a Bachelor's of Science degree at a four-year university.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for, and a knowledge of, interrelationships among allied health disciplines.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of various cultures as they relate to healthcare.
- Apply effective skills in the area of communication, analysis, evaluation, critical thinking and problem-solving in healthcare.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and attitudes consistent with those in the healthcare professions.
- Assess community/public health needs and identify strategies for increasing the health of a population.
Formal articulation agreements with other colleges and universities indicate how Sinclair programs and courses will transfer to other institutions.
State Tested Nurse AideCertified Clinical PhlebotomistCertified EKG TechCertified Pharmacy Technician
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog