Powerplant Aviation Maintenance PPAM.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 27 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Aviation Technology
Effective as of Fall 2012
What is the program about?
The Powerplant Aviation Maintenance certificate provides the knowledge and skills required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for the powerplant maintenance technician student. Students will learn to apply all the knowledge and skills in the lab portion.
- The required operation before overhaul, teardown, buildup, overhaul, inspection, installation of turbine engine or components and documentation.
- Implement required operation before overhaul or teardown, inspection, troubleshooting, repair, teardown, buildup, overhaul and installation of engines or components and certification documentation.
- Operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, install reciprocating engine systems and components, safety systems, electrical systems and document for legal sufficiency.
- Maintenance and overhaul of propellers Inspect and overhaul propeller and component systems for reciprocating engines.
- Operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair safety systems, electrical systems, installation of turbine engines, components and documentation.
Boeing Commercial Aircraft Company recently predicted 1,000,000 more jobs in aviation in the next 15 years. Airbus of Europe has predicted about 800,000 more jobs in the next 15-20 years. Both predictions are based on anticipated growth in aircraft production and flying passengers. Many mechanics will reach retirement age in the next three years as a result of an interruption of current certificates issued by the FAA. More jet aircraft means more need for mechanics. The general aviation sector already has a shortage of certificated mechanics.
The Powerplant certificate is the one of the basic requirements for any aviation maintenance technician to maintain U.S. registered aircraft in an airworthy condition. The mechanic is a vital part of safety for the flying public.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: View the Gainful Employment Information
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog