Residential Specialist RTC.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 12 Credit Hours
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Human Services and Behavioral Health
Effective as of Fall 2017
Short term certificate program to obtain skills necessary to work in residential settings such as in-patient facilities, group homes, half-way houses, and in-home care.
What is the program about?
This certificate provides the basic education needed to apply for residential specialist positions in human services, mental health, addictions, developmental disabilities and other populations. The certificate includes safety of the resident, healthy communication, conflict resolution, knowledge of human services and behavioral health field, professional documentation and ethical standards. There is a 105 hour practicum included in the certificate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of procedures for response and maintenance of clients safety and health.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and skills of professional and ethical expectations of the residential technician.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills of the role of the residential technician.
- Describe the services provided at a residential setting.
- Demonstrate basic skills in interpersonal communication, conflict resolution and documentation.
Residential Services are expanding for mental health, corrections, developmental disabilities and seniors. This program prepares students to meet the minimum expectations to work in this setting. Residential facilities need workers 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Contact HSBH department for additional information
- 108 hour practicum required
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog