When should I use FOCUS 2?
Use FOCUS 2 throughout your college years and as an alumnus. FOCUS 2 can be used in different ways throughout all stages of your education and career planning according to your personal needs.
All Sinclair students and other interested parties:
- Understand the career planning process
- Learn about yourself through self-assessments
- Explore majors at your college that match your interests and support your career goals
- Explore career fields and occupations that appeal to you
- Make informed decisions about your major and career
- Develop an action plan
Recent Sinclair graduates and alumni:
- Stay aware of career growth options
- Gain experience
- Make career plans
- Plan for advanced education and training
- Explore options for transitioning into specialized occupations
How do I set up an account and log in to FOCUS 2?
Create a new account by visiting the FOCUS 2 login page. Use the college access code Tartanpride and remember that your login information is case sensitive.
Log in to your account by visiting the FOCUS 2 login page. Remember that your login information is case sensitive. If you forget your username and/or password, you can have them emailed to you from a link on the page.
Things to keep in mind
- Use FOCUS 2 online on any PC or MAC computer or IPAD anywhere, anytime
- FOCUS 2 always saves your results
- Use FOCUS 2 as often as you wish
- You can change your mind about earlier choices, repeat a section and explore new options
- Your results are stored online and are always available to you and your career counselor/advisor
- Use the system features in any order
How much time does it take to use FOCUS 2?
Typically, the total time spent by students the first time they use FOCUS 2 ranges from one to two hours. Of course, you can spend as much time as you need. The Career Readiness and Self-Assessment modules of FOCUS 2 can usually be completed in approximately 45 minutes. You can log back in at any time to spend additional time researching more than 1,000 different occupational choices and viewing career videos.
A good strategy is to use FOCUS 2, then think about your results and discuss your ideas with your career counselor and academic advisor. Then continue to use FOCUS 2 as an ongoing resource.
Sinclair Community College
Room 11346, 444 West Third Street
Dayton, OH 45402
937-512-3700, Fax: 937-512-5054