Steps for Non-Degree Seeking
For students transferring Sinclair courses back to their home institution, or students who are interested in taking a class for professional development or personal interest.
If you are looking for credit classes, visit Degree Seeking.
All steps can be completed at any Sinclair location.
Step 1 APPLY TO SINCLAIR
There are three ways to apply:
· Online – at www.sinclair.edu/applynow
· Mail – send the application to the address provided on the application
· In Person – drop off the application at the New Student Enrollment Center, Building 10, Floor 4, Dayton Campus or at the main desk at any Sinclair location.
You will receive an acceptance letter within one week.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR VISITING STUDENTS ONLY:
If the course you wish to complete has prerequisites you may have satisfied at your home institution, please send an email to the New Student Enrollment Center with the Sinclair course or courses you would like to complete (you may search available courses using the Course Schedule Planner). Please attach an unofficial transcript or DARS reflecting your completed prerequisites and send to firstname.lastname@example.org .
These may also be faxed to the New Student Enrollment Center at (937) 512-4320. Please note that course equivalencies for Sinclair prerequisites are determined by the Office of Registration & Student Records in conjunction with the appropriate academic departments*. To confirm if the selected Sinclair courses will meet your program requirements, please check with an advisor or the Registrar’s office at your home institution. For more information, call (937) 512-3000 or 1-800-315-3000 (toll free in Ohio and Indiana)
*If it is determined you do not meet course prerequisites, it may be necessary to complete some portions of the ACCUPLACER placement test. Please refer to the Testing Center for more information about placement testing.
Step 2 DEVELOP CLASS SCHEDULE
View current classes and check space availability using the Course Schedule Planner. Staff at Sinclair Central (Building 10, Second Floor, Dayton Campus) can help you select days, times, and sections of courses, and show you how to register online.
Step 3 REGISTER FOR CLASSES
There are two ways to register:
- Online – once you have selected your courses using the Course Schedule Planner, log in to the planner using your my.sinclair username and password and choose Register Online. Then continue to WebAdvisor, select the Register option next to your course, and submit. Please refer to the Using my.sinclair tutorial for more information on accessing your my.sinclair account.
- In Person – go to Registration & Student Records, Building 10, Second Floor, Dayton Campus or any Sinclair location.
All first-time registrants incur a one-time, non-refundable registration, records and ID fee of $20.
NOTE: How to Succeed in an Online Course is a required prerequisite for all students wishing to take a SinclairOnline course. Please go to SinclairOnline for more information.
Step 4 GET TARTAN CARD
Pick up your Tartan Card (Student ID) from Registration & Student Records, Building 10, Second Floor, Dayton Campus, or at any Sinclair location, after you register for the first time. Please bring a valid photo ID.
Step 5 PAY FOR CLASSES
There are four ways to pay:
- Online –in WebAdvisor, choose Make a Payment under the Financial Information heading, then click Pay on My Account
- In Person – go to the Bursar’s office, Building 10, Second Floor, Dayton Campus or at any Sinclair location.
- Mail – send a check made out to Sinclair Community College to: Bursar’s office, Sinclair Community College, 444 West Third Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402-1460
- FACTS Tuition Payment Plan – facts.sinclair.edu
Please refer to the Academic Calendar for important registration and payment deadlines.