- To be eligibile for federal financial aid federal regulations require that students receiving financial aid establish attendance/participation in coursework each term to be eligible for financial aid.
- Class instructors will report student class attendance/participation through the Census Date for the course. Instructors will provide an attendance policy for each course. The Census Date is typically the 8th day of the semester.
- Students who have not established attendance in any or all classes will have their Financial Aid eligibility adjusted. The student will remain enrolled in the course and may incur a balance owed to Sinclair.
- Students may review the college attendance policy here and the attendance policy for on-line or hybrid courses here.
- If a student has been reported as not beginning attendance in a class due to an attendance reporting error, the student may appeal the decision. The student will be responsible for requesting the appeal from the instructor who reported their non-attendance. The student will be notified through their Sinclair Gmail account when a decision is made regarding the appeal. Appeal decisions can take up to 10 business days. All appeal decisions are final and must be completed before the last day of the appealed course. The appeal form is available here.