Sinclair Community College will publish in the Student Handbook a notice to students of their rights under the FERPA. The College will also send an electronic notice to currently registered students at their student email address after the beginning of each academic term.
The notice will include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. The right of students to inspect and review their educational records.
2. The intent of Sinclair Community College to limit the disclosure of information contained in a student’s education records to the following circumstances:
a. with the student’s prior written consent;
b. as an item of directory information which the student has not refused to permit the college to disclose; or,
c. under the FERPA provisions which allow the college to disclose information without the student’s prior written consent.
3. The right of a student to petition Sinclair Community College to amend or correct any part of his/her education record which the student believes is inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of the privacy or other rights of students. When the college decides it will not amend or correct a student’s record, the student has a right to a hearing to present evidence that the record is inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of the privacy or other rights of students.
4. The right of any person to file a complaint with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act Office, Department of Education, if Sinclair Community College violates the FERPA.
5. The right of the student/any person to obtain a copy of the Sinclair Student Records Policy.