Although each College and Career Resource Center / College Resource Center will differ slighty, to ensure that it meets the needs of the students and the high schools, Sinclair will provide the following in every CCRC and CRC.If you are interested in bringing a CCRC into your high school contact Michael Gaines, Interim Senior Director of the Office of College Readiness Centers Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or Trish Burke- Williams at 937-512-3495 email@example.com.
College and Career Resource Centers
1. Sinclair staff to operate the CCRC during hours of operation.2. Computers with appropriate operating software and server.3. PLATO licenses.4. Stand alone printer.5. Technical assistance in the case of any emergencies or problems with the
computers, equipment, or software.6. Pre and post-testing using Plato.7. All Accuplacer post testing for CCRC students who complete the highest
level of the Plato modules.8. Office supplies to operate the CCRC such as paper, pencils, and
calculators.9. Weekly, monthly and annual progress reports documenting student
progress and time on task.10. The software will be installed on Sinclair owned CCRC computers for use
only by those students participating in Sinclair’s CCRC program.
College Resource Centers
- Assist students in preparing for the Ohio Graduation Test (OGT).
- Assist student in preparing for the ACT/SAT. With the goal being increasing the number of students who take the ACT for the first time.
- Assist students in preparing a plan for entering college and/or a career after high school.
- Sinclair will provide technical support for the implementation and sustaining of the lab.
- Parents or guardians of all students participating in the CRC will agree to allow their student(s) to participate in pre-testing and post-testing (as needed) in order to track the benefits and individual improvements achieved through participation in CRC programs throughout the academic year.
- Sinclair will provide staff to provide technical support to the CRC during the hours of operation
- Sinclair will provide the appropriate operating software. The software will be accessed through Sinclair owned CRC software licenses for the use by those students participating in Sinclair’s CRC program
- Sinclair will provide technical assistance in the case of any emergencies or problems with the software
- Sinclair will provide limited assistance in purchasing office supplies to operate the CRC, such as paper, pencils and calculators.
- The CRC facilitator will provide the partnering high school with, monthly and/or annual progress reports documenting student progress and time on task.
- The CRC facilitator will collaborate with the High School staff to incorporate appropriate resources for career and life skills, as well as pre-enrollment advising as needed to help students prepare for college.
- Sinclair will hold workshops and meetings in the CRC when scheduled. This will function as the gateway for Sinclair resources.
- Sinclair will purchase signage for the room that designates it as a CRC.