The HelpDESK can work with you to solve technical problems such as access of content that may be caused by your pop-up blocker or website blocking software. They can also help you install required software for your course. You can call them at (937) 512-4357 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a student in an online course, you will need access to a computer that meets the minimum hardware requirements and uses one of the supported browsers. If your course has additional requirements beyond these, they will be listed in the Syllabus under Technical Requirements.
Plug-ins (or "players") are small software programs that add features to your browser and are always free. Your online course may require one or more plug-ins from the list below. Check Technical Requirements on the syllabus for necessary plug-ins for your specific course.
To install MathPlayer, use the following instructions to download MathPlayer's Setup program and run it on your computer:
- Click here to go to the MathPlayer site.
- Click on the Download MathPlayer Setup link.
You will see a file download window with four options: Open, Save, Cancel, and Moreinfo.
- Click Save and save the Mathplayersetup.exe file on your hard drive.
Depending on the speed of the internet connection, this process may take a few seconds to a few minutes.
- Once the download has completed, double-click Mathplayersetup.exe to install it on your computer.
- Close all browser windows and then open your browser again.
- Click here to go to the Flash Player site.
- Scroll down the page and read the Installation Instructions for the Flash player.
- Click the Install Now button.
- You must reboot your computer after you install the Flash player before Flash will work.
Click here to go to the Shockwave Player site.
Read the Installation Instructions for the Shockwave player.
Click the Install Now button.
You will be prompted with the message "Do you want to install this software" in a pop up window.
Click Install button.
- Click here to go to the Adobe Reader Site for the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- Click System requirements, check that you meet them and then go back to the previous page.
- Click the download button or choose a different version link if needed.
- From the pop up window select a folder to save the .exe file.
- Depending on the speed of your internet connection, this process may take few minutes.
- Once the download is complete, another window will pop up to Install Acrobat Reader.
- Click the Install Now button.
Java Runtime Environment
- Click here to go to the Java site.
- Click on the Download Now button.
- Click on the Begin Download button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install Java on your computer.
Problem Solving Tips:
Our web pages display best at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher. Use of this setting requires less vertical scrolling, avoids horizontal scrolling and improves the appearance of the graphics. If you need help to change the screen resolution on your computer, follow these steps:
- Right click anywhere on the desktop
- Select properties from the drop down menu.
- Select settings tab from the list of tabs at the top.
- Move the slider under the screen resolution to set it at 1024 x 768.
- Click OK.
If the text size of our web pages appear larger or smaller than normal size, and you would like to change it, follow these steps:
- In the browser window, click on the view.
- Bring your mouse over the Text size. It will prompt another dropdown menu with different text sizes listed. Make sure that the bullet is in front of the medium (default setting).
- If the bullet is in front of any other size, please click on medium.