IT Lab Procedures
These computers are for currently enrolled Sinclair students and employees only.
All computer use at Sinclair is governed by the Policy on Appropriate Use. The college makes computers and network access available to support student success as learners and productive members of society. Specific guidelines include:
- Tampering with the computer is prohibited. Do not shut down or reboot the computers. Ask for assistance.
- Users must save files or documents to their own USB flash drive, or email the files and documents to themselves. Any files or documents saved to the hard drive may be erased when the computer is logged off. The Library is not responsible for lost files or documents. Neither IT Labs nor the Library provides USB flash drives, but they may be purchased in the College Bookstore.
- All computers are reserved through the Pharos PC Reservation System.
- PC's such as General, ADA, AV and Flex may be reserved for up to three (3) hours at a time.
- Quiet Room PC's may be reserved for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Scheduled classes take priority for room use.
- PC's are held for five (5) minutes after being assigned to a user. If you don't sign in to your requested PC within 5 minutes, it will be assigned to the next requestor.
- PC's automatically log out after twenty (20) minutes of inactivity and are then assigned to the next requestor.
- Your are responsible for your personal belongings. If you are going to leave the computer unattended, please take your personal belongings with you. Any items found to be left behind after 20 minutes will be turned into Campus Police. Please see http://www.sinclair.edu/technology/labs/ITLabs/lostandfound/index.cfm for additional information on lost and found procedures.
- Registered students in good standing may borrow headphones for same-day use.
- Out of consideration for others, please keep all audio devices at a volume that only you can hear. Please use headphones.
- If talking on a cell phone, please keep voice low.
- IT Lab employees are here to assist you with computer-related problems, but remember that they are not tutors. Tutors, for some applications, are available at certain times in IT Labs. Check for hours on the signs in each room.
- Out of consideration for those that need assistance, please do not "hang out" at the front desk.
- Use of computers to send or view obscene materials or threatening messages is considered misconduct and will result in a referral to the Student Conduct Board.
- There is NO SLEEPING in IT Labs. This is for your safety and the safety of your belongings.
- All IT Labs utilize the Equitrac Pay-for-Print System. Sinclair provides students with $7.50 in free prints (the equivilent of 150 pages of 8½ x 11 single-sided black and white pages) every term in the Equitrac system. Additional information about Sinclair Equitrac may be found at http://www.sinclair.edu/technology/labs/equitrac/index.cfm