Articulation and Transfer Policy
Transfer of Credit From Sinclair:
To make sure that Sinclair credits transfer efficiently to another institution (referred to here as “transfer institution”), follow these steps:
- Meet with the appropriate Sinclair academic/faculty advisor AND speak with a representative at the transfer institution early and often during an academic career. This will help ensure that the student is selecting the appropriate courses.
- Follow the transfer admissions procedures for that institution.
- Have official Sinclair transcripts sent to the transfer institution, and follow up to ensure that they have received and evaluated the transfer credits.
Credit at Other Colleges
Articulation agreements are formal agreements between organizations detailing the recognition of college credit between those organizations. Sinclair uses articulation agreements as a means to avoid duplication of resources and to encourage and enhance students’ interest in post secondary education and transfer from one institution to another.
The college has developed articulation agreements with secondary schools, hospitals, professional organizations, and colleges and universities.
Articulation agreements can be categorized in two ways:
- Incoming agreements with secondary schools, hospitals and professional organizations indicate how credits will be recognized at Sinclair Community College. Detailed information regarding incoming agreements is available from Academic Credit Assessment Information Center, (937) 512-2800.
- Outgoing agreements with other colleges and universities indicate how Sinclair Community College programs and courses will transfer to those institutions.