These nationally standardized exams (www.getcollegecredit.com) may be equivalent to certain Sinclair courses. Most DSST (DANTES Standardized Subject Test) exams (except Principles of Public Speaking) can be given in electronic form at Sinclair. The cost is currently $82 per test. When you take a DSST exam, request your scores be sent to Sinclair Community College (code 9309). If you have already taken a DSST exam and not had your scores sent to Sinclair, contact Prometric for an official transcript.
DSST exams are offered locally at Sinclair Community College, Testing Center. Appointments are required. Please call 937-512-3076 to schedule an appointment.
DSST has developed ten short quizzes that can be accessed absolutely free, at anytime, and from anywhere.
These quizzes feature real-world test questions (taken from retired exams), to give students a peek into the test experience.
For those who wish to "test the waters", DSST offers practice tests on most popular titles.
- Each quiz takes less than three minutes to take
- Only 5 questions per quiz!
- Ten of the most popular DSST subjects featured
- Best of all, they're free!
Click here to choose a quiz.
1. A student must have made application to Sinclair Community College.
2. The course(s) will be recorded on the student’s transcript with a “Y” grade.
3. No more than 30 credit hours may be earned through DSST, articulated credit, proficiency examination, AP, CLEP, ACE credit and applied toward degree requirements.
4. Credits earned via DSST credit do not apply toward the college residency requirements.
Additional information regarding DANTES is available at www.getcollegecredit.com.