Sinclair Community College
Service Learning Ambassador Scholarship
Two $600 scholarships are established by Sinclair Community College to recognize students who have been exemplary in Service Learning and to help with academic expenses for students who will serve as Service Learning Ambassadors. One scholarship will be awarded for use Fall quarter and one for Spring quarter. If these are not awarded in these quarters, they can be awarded in Winter and Summer quarters.
This scholarship is open to all Sinclair Community College students who have not previously been awarded this scholarship.
Applicants must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours during the quarter the scholarship is applied.
Applicants must have completed at least one course with Service Learning.
A minimum grade point average of 2.0 is required.
Recipients are required to sign an agreement to serve as a Service Learning Student Ambassador for 10 hours during the quarter the scholarship is applied. This time will be used to orient students to Service Learning and promote Service Learning on and off campus.
A personal interview may be required.
- Complete the standard scholarship application form available in the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty and a representative from a community agency at which you completed your Service Learning.
- Applicant must complete at 150-250 word statement describing their Service Learning project, how it helped them learn the course content, and how it impacted them and the community agency.
Deadline: Follow deadline for completed application set by Sinclair Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. 512- 3000, room 11324.
- As set by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Return the completed application and required documents to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Room 10343.