Important Information for Parents/Guardians and Students Participating in CCP
General College Credit Plus Information
See CCP Program Eligibility for important information on general participation rules governing CCP
- Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), parents have certain rights with respect to their children’s educational records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches 18 years or older OR when they attend a school beyond the high school level. A person participating in the College Credit Plus is considered as any other college student. Access to the student’s Sinclair records by parents or guardians is only permitted when a written release of information is signed by the student.
Student Code of Conduct
- All students admitted to Sinclair College agree to adhere to the rules, regulations and policies set forth in the Student Code of Conduct. Students are entitled to the same fundamental rights, privileges and immunities that are guaranteed to all citizens of the United States. In addition to their inherent rights and privileges as Sinclair students, students voluntarily assume the obligation to fulfill the responsibilities and obligations identified in our publications. The college has the right to develop policies, procedures and standards that will ensure protection of the rights of each member of the college community.
Safety at Sinclair
- Sinclair works hard to provide students a save working and learning environment, below are a list of several areas of safety around the Dayton campus.
- 23 full time Sinclair state certified professional police officers patrol the Dayton campus buildings, grounds, parking garages and lots 24-hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays when the campus is closed.
- Security escorts as requested to all campus locations and garages
- Electronic alarm systems
- Emergency telephones in all buildings to provide easy access to Sinclair Police
- Closed Circuit Television Surveillance throughout campus including Lot A garage
College Credit Plus Eligibility Rules
Below is an overview of the Course Eligibility rule to qualify for CCP.
"First 15" Rule : Students must complete 15 credit hours in Level I courses before progressing to Level II courses*
Level I Courses
- Transferable course - OTM, TAG or CTAG courses - Sinclair's OTM, TAG & CTAG Courses (select Sinclair Community College from the Current Institution drop down menu and click search).
- Course in computer science, information technology, anatomy, physiology or foreign language including American Sign Language.
- Technical certificate course - Sinclair's Technical Certificate Courses
- 15-credit or 30-credit hour model pathway course
- Study skills, academic or career success course
- Internship course
- Another course approved by the Chancellor
Level II Courses
- Any other college course that is not a Level I course
*Exceptions may be given to students who test into a level II course or have AP/IB credit that places them into a level II course. See your CCP Coordinator for more information.
For complete information on all of the State of Ohio College Credit Plus rule changes and general information please visit the Ohio Higher Education website.