Each year the graduating Health Information Management students are requested to complete a survey 6 months after graduation. This survey asks for their opinion of the learning experience they received in our program.
The results indicate 100% agreement that the program has:
· Prepared the student with the skills to perform as an health information management professional
· Prepared the student to communicate effectively and demonstrate critical thinking while functioning within his/her work environment
· Prepared the student to conduct himself/herself in an ethical and professional manner
Each year employers of our HIM graduates are requested to complete a survey regarding our graduates that they have hired. This survey asks for their opinion of the graduates’ level of readiness in various areas.
The results indicate 100% agreement that our students:
· Possess the technical skills and have the knowledge needed to perform in the health information management work environment
· Demonstrate the ability to think critically, use sound judgment, solve problems, and develop appropriate action steps
· Communicate effectively
· Function effectively as a member of the work team
· Conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner