Secure Your Future: Events for Adult Learners
Given the continued need for an abundance of caution during the COVID-19 pandemic, Sinclair will offer all student services (admissions, advising, financial aid, registration and student records, Tartan cards, etc.) remotely.
Students that need assistance are encouraged to call 937-512-3000 or reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
You're Invited to Secure Your Future
Sinclair can help you Secure Your Future and make your dream a reality. With more than 300 certificate and degree programs, supportive faculty and staff, affordable tuition, and flexible course offerings you can go from adult student to alumni quicker than you think!
Whether you are just beginning a college career, or you are returning to college after several years, Sinclair is here to help you achieve your goals. Our Adult Admissions team will assist you through the enrollment process and partner with you to help you achieve your personal best and prepare you for your future.
Take your first step and SECURE YOUR FUTURE today! Have questions about enrolling or want to learn more about Sinclair? Please fill out the form below and an Admissions team member will reach out to assist you.
Series Session Dates Registration Information
All sessions begin at 11 a.m. unless otherwise noted.
All sessions will be conducted using Zoom.
Click the date below to register.
Please register for all of the sessions you plan to attend:
Tuesday, January 12 | How to Begin
Tuesday, January 19 | How to Begin
Tuesday, January 26 | How to Begin
Lunch and Learn
Have questions about starting classes? The Adult Admissions Team can help!
Jump into this Zoom meeting, https://sinclair.zoom.us/j/85735551961, during any of dates and times listed below to get your questions answered. No pre-registration is required!
Thursday, January 14, 2021 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, January 21, 2021 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Thursday, January 28, 2021 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Series Session Topic Descriptions
- Explore the nearly 300 academic programs at Sinclair by academic division.
- Learn more about the exciting educational and career opportunities available within each academic division.
Career Exploration with YouScience
- Learn more about the YouScience assessment.
- Discover how your YouScience results can help you make an informed decision on your best-fit career choices.
Flexible Learning/eLearn and Academic Advising
- Explore Sinclair’s online programs and classes.
- Learn more about the difference between online, flexpace, and blended courses at Sinclair.
- Discover more about planning your educational path and how your Academic Advisor can help.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Learn about applying for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Discuss the criteria that you need to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Learn how to use the Financial Aid Self Service Portal.
- Explore scholarship opportunities.
- Discover what it means if you are selected for verification.
How to Begin & Next Steps for Enrollment
- Learn more about Sinclair and your next steps to starting classes at Sinclair Community College.
- Discover more about our academic programs including which programs can be completed online.
- Explore academic programs that can be completed in 15 months or 30 months.
Placement Testing and Tutoring Services
- Explore what placement tests may be required before you can register for classes.
- Discover if you will be required to complete placement tests.
- Learn about the process for taking the placement tests.
- Hear about the technical requirements for remote placement testing.
Student Affairs/Campus Resources
- Explore how Student Affairs offices can support you as you reach your goals.
- Discover programs that promote learning, access, wellness, personal development, and engagement.
- Learn more about Accessibility Services, Appalachian Outreach, Counseling Services, Student Judicial Affairs, LGBTQ+ Support, Military Family Education Center, Multifaith Campus Ministry, Ombudsman Solution Center, Student and Community Engagement, and Tutoring and Learning Center.