Fire Science Technology/Fire Administration (FAO.S.AAS)
63.0-70.0 Credit Hours
This program provides the education and skills needed by the fire service professional to function in the emergency services field. Courses include administration, inspection, investigation, building construction, fire hydraulics and water suppression systems. Graduates are prepared to enter the workforce as firefighters, fire officers, investigators, inspectors, instructors, or continue their education in fire science or public administration.
- Demonstrate the basics of firefighter safety and survival on the emergency scene.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills, both written and orally.
- Demonstrate the basics of fire prevention and inspection.
- Identify and determine fire cause and factors contributing to fire spread.
- Demonstrate operation and maintenance of fire protection systems.
- Demonstrate the basics of fire service organization and fire department operations.
- Demonstrate professionalism, ethics and relationships with other public and private organizations.