61.0-62.0 Credit Hours
The Associate of Arts in History is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue a baccalaureate degree in history or a related field. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Describe major historical themes and events in diverse times and places.
- Use historical evidence (primary and secondary sources) to construct arguments explaining historical events and trends.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.