Creative Writing (CRWE.S.AA)
60.0-61.0 Credit Hours
The Associate of Arts in Creative Writing is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four-year program in creative writing or a related field. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Create works that are polished enough to submit for consideration of publication.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Demonstrate skills in multiple creative writing genres. i.e.: poetry, script writing, fiction writing.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through: writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.