Construction Supervisor (CNTS.S.STC)
29.0 Credit Hours
This program is designed for experienced craftspeople of the construction industry to improve their supervisory and leadership skills. Students will receive training to help them understand the building construction industry from a management perspective, including an understanding of building materials and components, the financial aspects of building construction and the management skills necessary to deal with the diverse population of the industry. Heavy emphasis will be placed on safety requirements. Upon completing this program, craftspeople will be qualified to move into management positions in the construction industry.
- Communicate effectively and professionally through proper use of oral, written and graphic skills.
- Recognize professional, ethical and societal responsibilities, respect diversity and commit to life-long learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of safety requirements and supervisor responsibilities on a construction job.
- Function effectively in teams, demonstrating a cooperative effort to evaluate and solve problems and to develop and implement plans.
- Assist in the management of construction projects with emphasis on safety, quality and continuous improvement.